if the universe were to explode in five minutes, which could happen, would really want to be reading this in your final minutes?

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Blogging: the article

Why I hate blogging
I hate blogging because I feel as if I am a tiny mouse screaming out of a little hole into a vast and vacant hall.
When and why I started blogging
I started blogging on November 6th, 2004 (my first post on the internet). Back then I didn't even know what blogging was--I hadn't even heard the term--but I think I started because it was a place to write down what was going on, and a way to share it with people. I believe that is why most people, if not all, start to blog.
Why I still blog
Blogging for me, now, is a means of getting my ramblings and thoughts and ideas out into the world (wide web). But also the original intention of my blogging is still expressed at livejournal.com. I do it now though for the purpose of exposure too.
What I think blogging is
Blogs have become a new medium and a new media, and that merits a new definition. Blogs are not just journals anymore as they were in their incipient stages. They are now advertisements, journals, news, articles, and more. So, the definition of a blog now is: an amalgamation of the news, magazines, and journals that is available on the Internet.

No comments: